Welcome to AutoForumz.com!
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      ProfileProfile    Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in

Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law

 
Goto page 1, 2, 3
   car problems (Home) -> Toyota Arch2 RSS
Next:  this the job opprturtunity only for u...so use it  
Author Message
Jeff

External


Since: May 21, 2007
Posts: 965



(Msg. 1) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:41 am
Post subject: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law
Archived from groups: alt>autos>toyota (more info?)

<http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/ca9/newopinions.nsf/1F98783B2349A921882573FF001C0B4C/$file/0855054.pdf?openelement>
<http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5goz_Z25ZPQRrtMIiy8YP0RX5FGsg>

The 9th Circuit Court of appeals ruled that the Navy can't break the law
even if the President says they can.

Jeff

 >> Stay informed about: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law 
Back to top
Login to vote
badgolferman2

External


Since: Sep 01, 2004
Posts: 545



(Msg. 2) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:41 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Jeff, 3/2/2008,7:41:56 PM, wrote:

> <http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/ca9/newopinions.nsf/1F98783B2349A92188257
> 3FF001C0B4C/$file/0855054.pdf?openelement>
> <http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5goz_Z25ZPQRrtMIiy8YP0RX5FGsg>
>
> The 9th Circuit Court of appeals ruled that the Navy can't break the
> law even if the President says they can.
>
> Jeff

I wish the Navy would use their sonar equipment on the 9th Circuit
Court of Appeals and see if they can find anything inside the head of
those judges.

--
"My vision is to make the most diverse state on earth, and we have
people from every planet...On the earth in this state." ~ Gray Davis,
former governor of California

 >> Stay informed about: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law 
Back to top
Login to vote
Mark A3

External


Since: Jul 01, 2004
Posts: 434



(Msg. 3) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:41 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"Jeff" wrote in message

> The 9th Circuit Court of appeals ruled that the Navy can't break the law
> even if the President says they can.
>
> Jeff

The constitution give everyone the right to appeal to a higher court, even
the president.
 >> Stay informed about: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law 
Back to top
Login to vote
Jeff Strickland

External


Since: Jan 11, 2007
Posts: 1259



(Msg. 4) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:50 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Technically, they do not have the RIGHT to write the law, but you knew that.

Keep in mind, the 9th is based in California, and is the most liberal
appeals court in country.




"Jeff" wrote in message

> <http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/ca9/newopinions.nsf/1F98783B2349A921882573FF001C0B4C/$file/0855054.pdf?openelement>
> <http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5goz_Z25ZPQRrtMIiy8YP0RX5FGsg>
>
> The 9th Circuit Court of appeals ruled that the Navy can't break the law
> even if the President says they can.
>
> Jeff
 >> Stay informed about: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law 
Back to top
Login to vote
witfal

External


Since: Jun 22, 2007
Posts: 294



(Msg. 5) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:50 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Imported from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Back to top
Login to vote
witfal

External


Since: Jun 22, 2007
Posts: 294



(Msg. 6) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:50 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Imported from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Back to top
Login to vote
JoeSpareBedroom

External


Since: May 15, 2006
Posts: 675



(Msg. 7) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:11 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"witfal" wrote in message
> On 2008-03-02 17:57:52 -0800, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> said:
>
>>> Bottom line: I suspect this is just junk science being used by
>>> extremist
>>> anti-military types. We'll see.
>>>
>>
>>
>> I'm not anti-military, but I think the Navy's being a bit anal about
>> objecting to a few simple measures to be more careful. We've got no
>> business
>> messing with whales if there are alternatives, and obviously, there ARE
>> alternatives.
>
> I'm not saying you are. But we have more than a few fringe groups here
> that will try to handicap the military any way they can.
>
> I've also not noticed any other country in the world with the same
> concerns. Much like Mexico wants to protect their southern borders
> against illegal immigation, they don't want us to do the same thing.
>
> The U.S. is always expected to play by the rules while others are allowed
> to do what they wish.
>


I thought the Mexican navy was a raft.
 >> Stay informed about: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law 
Back to top
Login to vote
witfal

External


Since: Jun 22, 2007
Posts: 294



(Msg. 8) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:11 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Imported from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Back to top
Login to vote
Jeff

External


Since: May 21, 2007
Posts: 965



(Msg. 9) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:23 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

witfal wrote:
> On 2008-03-02 17:57:52 -0800, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> said:
>
>>> Bottom line: I suspect this is just junk science being used by
>>> extremist
>>> anti-military types. We'll see.
>>>
>>
>>
>> I'm not anti-military, but I think the Navy's being a bit anal about
>> objecting to a few simple measures to be more careful. We've got no
>> business
>> messing with whales if there are alternatives, and obviously, there ARE
>> alternatives.
>
> I'm not saying you are. But we have more than a few fringe groups here
> that will try to handicap the military any way they can.
>
> I've also not noticed any other country in the world with the same
> concerns. Much like Mexico wants to protect their southern borders
> against illegal immigation, they don't want us to do the same thing.
>
> The U.S. is always expected to play by the rules while others are
> allowed to do what they wish.

I see Iraq was allowed to do what they wanted. And, of course, the US
has never interfered with the internal affairs of other countries.

The funny thing here, we are not talking about international rules that
were being broken, but US laws.

Jeff
 >> Stay informed about: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law 
Back to top
Login to vote
witfal

External


Since: Jun 22, 2007
Posts: 294



(Msg. 10) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:23 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Imported from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Back to top
Login to vote
JoeSpareBedroom

External


Since: May 15, 2006
Posts: 675



(Msg. 11) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:14 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"witfal" wrote in message
> On 2008-03-02 18:11:56 -0800, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> said:
>
>>> The U.S. is always expected to play by the rules while others are
>>> allowed
>>> to do what they wish.
>>
>> I thought the Mexican navy was a raft.
>
> Anyone from Mexico wearing a uniform of any kind, be it army, navy, or a
> cop, looks ridiculous.
>
> They're all Keystone Kops.
>


Who *is* their tailor,anyway? Now, Puerto Rico - cops look sharp there, and
that's tough to do in a place where it's like 90 degrees all day long.
 >> Stay informed about: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law 
Back to top
Login to vote
witfal

External


Since: Jun 22, 2007
Posts: 294



(Msg. 12) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:14 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Imported from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Back to top
Login to vote
JoeSpareBedroom

External


Since: May 15, 2006
Posts: 675



(Msg. 13) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:15 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"witfal" wrote in message
> On 2008-03-02 18:23:39 -0800, Jeff said:
>
>> witfal wrote:
>>> On 2008-03-02 17:57:52 -0800, "JoeSpareBedroom"
>>> said:
>>>
>>>>> Bottom line: I suspect this is just junk science being used by
>>>>> extremist
>>>>> anti-military types. We'll see.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I'm not anti-military, but I think the Navy's being a bit anal about
>>>> objecting to a few simple measures to be more careful. We've got no
>>>> business
>>>> messing with whales if there are alternatives, and obviously, there ARE
>>>> alternatives.
>>>
>>> I'm not saying you are. But we have more than a few fringe groups here
>>> that will try to handicap the military any way they can.
>>>
>>> I've also not noticed any other country in the world with the same
>>> concerns. Much like Mexico wants to protect their southern borders
>>> against illegal immigation, they don't want us to do the same thing.
>>>
>>> The U.S. is always expected to play by the rules while others are
>>> allowed to do what they wish.
>>
>> I see Iraq was allowed to do what they wanted. And, of course, the US has
>> never interfered with the internal affairs of other countries.
>>
>> The funny thing here, we are not talking about international rules that
>> were being broken, but US laws.
>
> U.S. laws apply on the open seas?
>


U.S. laws apply EVERYWHERE. You should know that by now.
 >> Stay informed about: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law 
Back to top
Login to vote
Jeff

External


Since: May 21, 2007
Posts: 965



(Msg. 14) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:21 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

witfal wrote:
> On 2008-03-02 18:23:39 -0800, Jeff said:
>
>> witfal wrote:
>>> On 2008-03-02 17:57:52 -0800, "JoeSpareBedroom"
>>> said:
>>>
>>>>> Bottom line: I suspect this is just junk science being used by
>>>>> extremist
>>>>> anti-military types. We'll see.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I'm not anti-military, but I think the Navy's being a bit anal about
>>>> objecting to a few simple measures to be more careful. We've got no
>>>> business
>>>> messing with whales if there are alternatives, and obviously, there ARE
>>>> alternatives.
>>>
>>> I'm not saying you are. But we have more than a few fringe groups
>>> here that will try to handicap the military any way they can.
>>>
>>> I've also not noticed any other country in the world with the same
>>> concerns. Much like Mexico wants to protect their southern borders
>>> against illegal immigation, they don't want us to do the same thing.
>>>
>>> The U.S. is always expected to play by the rules while others are
>>> allowed to do what they wish.
>>
>> I see Iraq was allowed to do what they wanted. And, of course, the US
>> has never interfered with the internal affairs of other countries.
>>
>> The funny thing here, we are not talking about international rules
>> that were being broken, but US laws.
>
> U.S. laws apply on the open seas?

US laws apply to US-registered vessels, especially when they are part of
the US Navy.

Jeff
 >> Stay informed about: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law 
Back to top
Login to vote
witfal

External


Since: Jun 22, 2007
Posts: 294



(Msg. 15) Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:21 am
Post subject: Re: Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Imported from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Back to top
Login to vote
Display posts from previous:   
Related Topics:
94 corolla miss fire - I have a 94 toyota corolla AE101R which has a really bad missfire its using an extreme amount of fuel and has no power it will rev if i very slowly open the throttle in neutral but if i try to drive it it just splutters and misses ive put new plugs in it...

Interesting observation - Well, it's interesting to me anyway. I have had occasion to drive by a couple of repo sales recently and one thing I noticed was the absence of Toyotas in the repossessed vehicles. Wonder why, since Toyota sells so many cars in the US? Could it be..

Toyota Prius - Was a little apprehensive about the Prius until a friend suggested I should rent one first, before committing to buying it. I strongly suggest doing so. Located a rental service that offered Prius and took the car for a week. Wow! Did not want to return...

LOOK! what Bush has done! LOOK! LOOK! - He has started a war that has killed over 80,000 US soldiers and taken out a very nice man who had nice sons and a nice family. WTF is wrong with this guy? Why did he and Cheney and Rove and Libby try to trick the international community in taking out...

Sienna oil filter wrench size - What is the size of the oil filter wrench on the sienna? I've tried taking the filter into the store but I can't find one that fits. Nothing seems to work and it seems like there is only enough space to use the socket type wrench... Thanks for your..
   car problems (Home) -> Toyota Arch2 All times are: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Goto page 1, 2, 3
Page 1 of 3

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Warning: fopen(/home/adsense_reject.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/autoforu/public_html/Giga/GigaFunctions.php on line 1142

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/autoforu/public_html/Giga/GigaFunctions.php on line 1143

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/autoforu/public_html/Giga/GigaFunctions.php on line 1144



[ Contact us | Terms of Service/Privacy Policy ]